Terms and conditions:
YOUR PACKAGE HOLIDAY BOOKING IS WITH THE CRUISE LINE LTD trading as ELIXIR WELLNESS CRUISES (company registration number 02752960 and whose address is Cruise Line House, 109-111 High Street, Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex BN6 9PU) (“Elixir Wellness Cruises”, “we”, “us”, “our”), a Member of ABTA.
- Your holiday booking
When you make a booking with us you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our booking confirmation. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may, however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
- Booking Details
When a booking is made with us all booking details will be read back to you. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking. Please check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details will incur charges. Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport. The booking information that you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements. The information may therefore be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you are travelling to the United States, the US Customs and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers we will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Full details of our data protection policy are available upon request.
We may also use the information you provide us with for marketing purposes and to advise you of new services, products, promotions, special offers and/or other information which we think will interest you. We may use your data for our business management and operation and for monitoring, marketing and customer care purposes in order to achieve our aim to provide you with the highest standard of service and choice.
- Your financial protection
We provide full financial protection for our package holidays, including our own tailor-made packages. For bookings of other tour operators or providers holidays, packages or travel services, we act as agent and our Agent Holiday Booking Conditions will apply.
1) We provide full financial protection for our package holidays, by way of our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 5902, issued by the Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex, RH6 0YR, UK, telephone 0333 103 6350, email email@example.com. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive package from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren’t able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
2) We provide full financial protection for our package holidays by way of a bond held by ABTA – The Travel Association, 30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ, http://www.abta.com. You agree to accept that in the event of our insolvency ABTA may arrange for the services you have bought to continue, or for a suitable alternative to be provided at the same cost as your original booking. You also agree to accept that in circumstances where the travel service supplier provides the services you have bought, you agree to pay any outstanding sum under your contract with us to that alternative travel service provider. However, you also agree that in some cases the services will not be provided, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under ABTA’s Scheme of Protection (or your payment card issuer where applicable) for a refund of the monies you have paid.
We are a Member of ABTA, membership number F9490. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to http://www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on http://www.abta.com.
- Your Holiday Price
1) We reserve the right to alter the advertised prices of any of our holidays prior to booking. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
2) When you make your booking you must pay a deposit (or the full amount, depending on the timing of your booking) which will be advised to you at the time of your booking confirmation. Please note payment is sometimes required in full for flights. The balance due date of the price of your travel arrangements will be shown on your booking confirmation. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit.
3) Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may incur a surcharge after you have booked. Surcharges will be applied in accordance with the Package Travel Regulations and ABTA’s Code of Conduct. However there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If the surcharges amount to more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value) or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges and non-refundable flights. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
- If You Change Your Booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes, but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £50, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. Airline Tickets or other pre-paid services) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
- If You Cancel Your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows, depending on how many days prior to departure we receive your cancellation instructions in writing:
|Days before departure||Cancellation charges for 2021 sailings|
|60 to 30||10% of cruise fare plus full amount in respect of Air Fares|
|29 to 8||50% of cruise fare plus full amount in respect of Air Fares|
|7 or less||100% of cruise fare plus full amount in respect of Air Fares|
|Days before departure||Cancellation charges for 2022 sailings|
|120 to 90||15% of cruise fare plus full amount in respect of Air Fares|
|89 to 60||25% of cruise fare plus full amount in respect of Air Fares|
|59 to 30||50% of cruise fare plus full amount in respect of Air Fares|
|29 or less||100% of cruise fare plus full amount in respect of Air Fares|
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
- If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements. However, we will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 10 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure (as defined below) or failure by you to pay the final balance. If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements, you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). If it is necessary to cancel your travel arrangements, we will pay you compensation as set out in this clause. Example of a minor change include alteration of your accommodation to another of the same standard.
If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before the start of your tour. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your booked holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In all cases, except where the major change arises due to reasons of force majeure, we will pay compensation as detailed in the table set out below.
Compensation levels for cancellation by us or suppliers under this paragraph:
Period before departure Amount you will
within which notice of receive from us
cancellation or major
change is received by us
or notified to you
More than 60 days £0 per booking
59-30 days £25 per booking
29-8 days £35 per booking
7-0 days £45 per booking
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
* Force Majeure This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include (but are not limited to) war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, epidemics and pandemics, adverse weather conditions or acts of God.
- If You Have A Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your cruise line or hotel) who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at The Cruise Line, Cruise Line House, 109-111 High Street, Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex BN6 9PU, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services as well as to The Cruise Line without delay. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you are on your holiday and this may affect your rights under this contract and therefore forfeit any refunds or other sums which may otherwise be payable to you. Please also see clause 3 above on ABTA.
- Our Liability to You
- If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of two times the cost of your travel arrangements.
- Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
- The contractual terms of the companies that provide the travel services that make up your package. These terms are incorporated into this contract and are available on request; and
- Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the travel service contractual terms, or the international conventions, from The Cruise Line. Under passenger rights law you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at relevant airports and available from airlines. However, reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in these booking conditions. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline or any other service provider will be deducted.
If it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights. The limit doesn’t apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notified us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday.
NB this entire clause 8 does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
- Prompt assistance whilst on your holiday
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
- Passport, Visa, Immigration and Health Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. The Cruise Line will be happy to assist you in ensuring you fulfil passport and visa requirements. Please note if your passport is due to expire less than 6 months after your return from your holiday you will be required to renew it and provide updated details before you travel. It is your responsibility to check with your own doctor regarding any health or immunisation requirements.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
- COVID-19In relation to COVID-19, please note your cruise will operate in accordance with health protocols as detailed on the website https://www.elixir.cruises/ A full refund or future cruise credit will be offered in the event of the following:i) Greece imposing entry restrictions for certain nationalities
ii) Greece or the passenger’s country of origin imposing COVID-19 quarantine measures
iii) The passenger’s country of origin imposing quarantine measures on their nationals on their return from Greece
- Travel AgentsFor clients booking through a third-party travel agent All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on behalf and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times. This is subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail. If we fail, any money held at that time by the agent, or subsequently accepted from you by him, is and continues to be held on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us.
- Entire agreement
The terms of these Booking Conditions and any documents or policies referred to herein shall govern the entire relationship between the parties to the exclusion of any other terms.